WATCHFRIENDS

Sunday, February 12, 2006

[ humor alert ] Filliam H. Muffman



I've enjoyed The Colbert Report immensely up until now, but this past Thursday, they finally took it over the top for me and made it something I'll have to watch every day, for fear of missing the next big funny thing. Case in point: Filliam H. Muffman.

The sketch was a rather innocuous little thing called "Stephen's Laws of Love", using celebrity couples idiosyncrasies as the basis for forming successful relationships. They brought the funny when they demonstrated that you have to have a great marketable name by combining your names. Examples used were Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, "Brangelina". Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, "Bennifer II". And William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman, "Filliam H. Muffman".

I died laughing, and it was the first time I saw Stephen Colbert lose it on the show. He barely made it through the segment. I can't think of the name without laughing, and I certainly still have a hard time saying it. Go ahead. Try it out. Let the name roll off your tongue.

I know I can't wait to follow along on the splendiferous adventures of Filliam H. Muffman.

Actually, I'll be curious to see if this gets picked up in real conversation. The people that write the news watch the Colbert Report, and I know I'D try to work the name in somewhere.

No comments: