WATCHFRIENDS

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sidney Crosby - Gatorade League of Clutch commercial

I love these commercials that Gatorade has been running for a few months. Amazing imagery, incredible intensity. They all tell a story and present both the player and the sport in the most dramatic light.

I'm not yet exactly sure how they accomplish the commercials on a technical level. If I had to guess, I'd say they took frame grabs of High Definition images and cut out the athletes then recomposited them back over other still images. Whatever way they do it, I'm impressed.

Anyway, here's the latest one, featuring Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins, my current favorite sports team (yeah, I'm one of those guys that doesn't have an entrenched loyalty to any one team or city or region. I go with the best story, and for the next few years, that will be the Penguins).

No comments: