WATCHFRIENDS

Friday, April 04, 2008

Battlestar Galactica - Season Four - Episode 2

Hey! That was a pretty good episode! I can't think of a single thing to gripe about, and I'm even kind of on board with the "Final Five Cylons" angle that I felt so betrayed about at the end of Season Three. The acting was stellar all around.

Good job, guys!

I think what I like best about the first two episodes of this season (and hope it continues this way the rest of this season) is that they are just telling the story. No special homage episodes, or standalone episodes (although I'm sure those are coming). So far it's just telling the story and doing it very well.

I observed myself watching this episode, especially since I went into this episode skeptical that I'd enjoy it. I noticed that I break it down by if, or how, I buy each individual scene or line reading. I have a sense of where I think the scene should go, and if it opts to go in a stupid "only on TV" moment, I recoil. But I didn't have any of those moments tonight.

Well, there was ONE moment. When Cavill said "I'm machine enough to admit when I'm wrong." Groan. There was no need for something that cutesy.

Final verdict: 9.5 teeth out of ten.

No comments: