WATCHFRIENDS

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Land of the Lost - The Movie - First Images

Okay... I've been following this film's development with a bit of skepticism. It's one of the last bastions of cheesy childhood TV (of my favorites, that is) that hasn't yet been ironically deconstructed and regurgitated for today's audiences.

I know the Land of the Lost TV show was incredibly cheesy. I don't know if I will ever watch the original TV series again, preferring to allow my childhood memories of it remain pure. This opening title sequence is as much as I'll watch.




I loved that show. The evil Sleestaks scared the crap out of me. I know if I ever DID watch the show again, I'd discover all sorts of phobias and mindsets of mine that had their genesis here.

But I won't.

However, I WILL watch the movie when it comes out, thanks to this wonderful first image that has been released. (click to embiggen)This is beautiful. This one image sums up everything I loved about the original series.

The movie, starring Will Ferrell, promises to be faithful-ish to the original. Instead of a dad and two kids, it's three adults. But I'd be shocked if we don't see the same hole/cave that they hide in, the same dinos that attack them (and each other) that live on either side of a ravine, and I had BETTER see Enik, pylons, and the control tables that you put the multi-colored crystals in.

I'll be following this one with interest... Land of the Lost is currently set to premiere July 17, 2009. Click here to read USA Today's story.

No comments: